START A PERSONAL TRAINING FRANCHISE
Why should you start your own personal training franchise? Do you want the financial freedom that comes with owning your own business? Wouldn’t it be awesome to start out ten steps ahead of every other entrepreneur in your industry? That’s what you get when you join a franchise! For many personal trainers, the thought of starting their own fitness business is nerve-racking, especially if they don’t have any prior business experience. That’s exactly what makes starting your personal training business through a fitness franchise so attractive.
Why should you lose sleep at night when a franchise already has the formula for success figured out? Believe it or not, that’s how most fitness entrepreneurs used to live. They’d leave their personal training jobs with high hopes, only to discover that starting your own personal training business is much harder than they thought.
That’s how it used to be. Today it’s different with our personal training franchise opportunity. Today, entrepreneurs have the option to partner with a franchise, but that still doesn’t guarantee them success. That’s because there are a lot of franchisors out there that don’t support their franchisees enough or don’t have a business model that works. In that regard, if you find a personal training franchise with a proven business model, your chances for success shoot through the roof.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when deciding whether franchising is right for you.
THE BENEFITS OF STARTING A PERSONAL TRAINING FRANCHISE
There are a handful of advantages to starting your own personal training franchise. In a nutshell, you get to focus on what you do best, while the franchisor handles the complicated business stuff you might not be familiar with.
CHOOSING THE LOCATION FOR YOUR FRANCHISE
Before you open your doors, you have to choose a location for your business. This is tougher than it seems—you’re dealing with complicated leases and landlords that have strict requirements for new tenants. A great franchise will use demographic data to locate the best possible spot for your business. They’ll also help you negotiate your lease so you get the best deal possible.
That’s what Fit Body Boot Camp does for you. We use our state-of-the-art mapping technology to plant you in the perfect territory for your success. We also you coach you on negotiating with landlords to get the best deal possible on your lease.
A FITNESS BUSINESS PLAN THAT GUARANTEES SUCCESS
That’s not all. The perfect franchise will work with you to come up with a winning business plan. That in itself is worth the investment. They will even select for you software that makes your business’s day-to-day operations automatic and flawless—an entrepreneur’s dream.
Fit Body Boot Camp offers franchisees exclusive discounts on fitness business software. We vet out the software we offer so that our franchisees are outfitted with the most powerful and efficient technology at their locations. One of the biggest pluses to opening a fitness franchise is getting “in” on a successful business model. When you choose a reputable fitness franchise that has the experience to get your business up and running, you save time, stress, and money. Low risk, high reward!
Fit Body Boot Camp’s business model has proven successful time and time again. We’ve been at this since 2012, and in just six years we rose to the Entrepreneur 500 list of the country’s top franchises. That could never have happened without a business model that’s easy to replicate.
FRANCHISE TRAINING AND SUPPORT
Of course, any great franchise doesn’t just hand you the formula and walk away. Great franchises support their franchisees even after they open their doors. They teach their franchisees how to work efficiently with employees, how to establish a positive team culture, what laws they need to keep in mind, and how to set up websites and marketing promotions.
DONE FOR YOU MARKETING CAMPAIGNS
Fit Body Boot Camp has already created proven marketing campaigns that deliver results. If you don’t know how to roll out your next marketing promo? Need help streamlining your operations? Our coaches are on standby, ready to help! Marketing might just be the most important thing a franchise can handle for you. Since marketing determines how many people come to try out your boot camp, yours needs to be spot on. Look for a franchise that has a proven marketing track record—in other words, a company that knows how to grab the attention of your target audience.
Once again, Fit Body Boot Camp’s in-house fitness marketing team are experts at constructing marketing funnels. Have any marketing-related questions? They’re ready to walk you through the solutions you need, step by step.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
It is wise to do a considerable amount of research on franchises you’re interested in joining because when you start a personal training franchise, you are investing in a business partnership for the long term. That’s why it’s important to evaluate whether that franchise meets your goals and needs, just like it’s important for a client to look for a personal trainer that can help them achieve their fitness goals.
By law, franchises are required to give you a list of franchisees with contact information; if you are told otherwise, then turn the other way and look elsewhere. Call as many franchisees of the franchise you’re interested in. Ask them questions about the relationship between themselves and headquarters, the start-up process, and the support the franchisees receive. Are they satisfied with the franchise? Do they see results in their business? Has the franchisor ever faced legal action?
*Note: Franchisors must disclose any legal action taken against them*
IS A FITNESS/GYM FRANCHISE WORTH YOUR MONEY?
Starting your own personal training franchise costs money. That’s a sticking point for a lot of personal trainers interested in franchising. But when you sit down and compare the cost of doing it on your own versus starting a personal training franchise, you’ll realize that franchising is more than worth your investment. You are joining a company that already has a brand and a reputation, so prospective clients will already trust you before they come in for a workout. You still want to establish your presence in the community, and franchising makes that a lot easier on you.
Would you rather struggle to establish a reliable business model, or pay a little extra for a model that works? Do you want to waste your time figuring everything out on your own, or would you rather invest in money-making strategies that you can implement without hesitation? With your own gym franchise, you’ll be up and running much faster than if you were to go about it on your own.
Perhaps the biggest incentive for starting a personal training franchise is the impact you get to make in the community. There’s nothing more rewarding than helping people improve their health and reclaim their confidence. Any great fitness franchise has an in-house marketing team that attracts more leads to your business, which means you get to focus on changing even more lives through fitness, and that means you’ll make even more money and can scale a lot faster than other gyms!
Fit Body Boot Camp hits all of these notes. We’re recognized as one of the pioneer boot camp franchises in the fitness industry. We specialize in getting boot camps up and running, because we want nothing more than to help you deliver results to the people in your community! Keep in mind that even though you own a personal training franchise, that doesn’t automatically make you a great personal trainer. You still need to attain the proper education and personal trainer certification (or hire accredited personal trainers), which Fit Body Boot Camp stresses as well. You also have to sincerely care about your clients, your employees, and your business operations, and again, we’ll teach you exactly how to do that.
That’s why fitness and personal training franchises are so popular these days: they take care of your busy work so you can focus on loving your clients and growing your business. Starting a personal training franchise really is as exciting as it sounds. Success becomes much easier to achieve when you combine your desire and perseverance with the knowledge and experience of a franchise.
Living out your passion, serving others, and cashing in on it all—isn’t that the dream? There’s nothing more fulfilling than doing what you love for a living, especially when that involves giving back. If your passion is fitness, then I’m positive you have a desire to help others lead healthier, cleaner lives. But let’s face it. Even though you don’t want to waste time crafting sales copy, setting up marketing campaigns, and establishing gym procedures, that stuff needs to get done for your business to succeed.
Starting a personal training franchise means that all that less glorious stuff is done for you by a team of professionals. A good franchise hands you the template for success in the form of turn-key systems and infrastructure, done-for-you marketing, and ongoing business coaching. All that’s left for you to do is live out your passion, serve others, and cash in, right?
Read about our FBBC Fitness Franchise owner success stories here: https://fbbcinvest.com/about/success-stories/
HOW TO SUCCEED WITH A PERSONAL TRAINING FRANCHISE
Let’s take a look at eight big actions you can take to start your personal training franchise. These steps are how to open a gym the right way.
- DEFINE YOUR MARKET – Diet and exercise fads come and go, but the desire to get fit is always there. Still, personal training is a crowded industry, and you only stand out when you dial in your marketing. All you have to do is narrow down your market as much as possible. In other words, ask yourself, “Who is my target audience? Which demographic will benefit most from my training programs?” For example, you could target senior citizens, college graduates, athletes, or stay-at-home moms. At that point, you’re mainly competing with the fitness centers in your niche, rather than the entire industry. When you franchise with Fit Body Boot Camp, you don’t have to worry about picking a niche; we specialize in training programs for women ages 25-55. Everything we provide you—from marketing to website development—targets that audience.
- MOTIVATE YOUR CLIENTS – You need to inspire your clients to action. Motivate them when they think they can’t do anymore. Personal trainers aren’t just fitness experts. They help their clients find their inner drive so that they have enough motivation to crush every workout!As a personal trainer, you work with clients in an intimate one-on-one setting. They love this attention because it motivates them to give their all every session. You could even do group personal training—just like we offer at Fit Body Boot Camp—where clients receive one-on-one attention, but they also feel motivated by their fellow boot campers.
- SET YOURSELF APART FROM OTHER GYMS – Set yourself apart from other fitness programs and businesses. The best way to do this is to set reasonable prices and never skimp out on the value that you offer your clients. Create package programs that offer prospects discounts or free trials to come into your gym. There are plenty of trainers that barely offer anything to their clients because they’re only in it to make a quick buck. When you offer your clients real value, you earn their trust and their business. I’ll talk about this more in the next section.Fit Body Boot Camp’s expert marketing team is constantly inventing new marketing offers that have proven to work over the years. No need to worry about coming up with a new offer every season, just plug ours into your business and watch the leads come in!
- PROVIDE REAL VALUE – Always go above and beyond for your clients, in everything that you do. When it comes to running a successful fitness business, earning your clients’ trust is essential. They need to trust that you can get them results. They are paying customers, so you need to treat them as such.Get to know your clients on a deeper level! Jot down their strengths, weaknesses, and nutrition plans. That way, you can brainstorm ways to help them reach more of their goals. At Fit Body Boot Camp, we encourage our coaches to go all-out to serve our clients, whether that’s calling them by name, publicly acknowledging their victories, or setting up a comprehensive meal plan for them. We never stop giving our clients value!
- GAIN EXPERIENCE – Before starting a fitness business, always make sure that you have the proper licenses, certifications, and permits in order. This is fairly simple and can even be done online. The National Academy Sports Medicine (NASM) and the American Council on Exercise (ACE) are two of the most popular programs to get certified through.Once you earn all of your necessary certifications and licenses, it’s time to gain some real world experience. An important part of starting a successful personal training business franchise is learning as much as you can, then applying what you learn.If something is helping your clients, then keep doing it. If something is limiting their potential, then discard it. It’s that simple! Not only does Fit Body require its coaches to be nationally certified, but we put each of them through an in-house certification as well, which educates them with the knowledge they need to become outstanding coaches.
- REQUIRED EQUIPMENT – Buy every piece of equipment that you need. Since you’ll most likely do this business thing full-time, it really doesn’t make sense to rent equipment. When it comes to purchasing equipment, there are several things to keep in mind. For example, are you operating at your own facility, or are you doing house calls? Will it be a combination of both? Each requires different types of equipment, so be sure to do your research before you buy anything. It also helps to consult people with a lot experience in the business, as they can let you know what you’ll need to start out.With Fit Body Boot Camp, we give you a full list of equipment you’ll need for your location, and you’re able to purchase that equipment at exclusive discounted prices!
- MARKET YOUR PERSONAL TRAINING BUSINESS – To successfully market your personal training franchise, you’ll need to target a specific audience (as we mentioned before). For example, if “new moms” are your target audience, then you might market your business by maternity stores or playgrounds. For “senior citizens,” you may advertise at a community center or local coffee shop. Once you discover who they are, then you’ll have a clear idea about how you’re going to advertise to them. However, always keep in mind that your best marketing will come from word of mouth and testimonials, which both come from clients who have received over-the-top service.Our Fit Body Boot Camp Headquarters marketing team coaches you on running funnels, creating landing pages, and advertising in person. If you don’t feel comfortable doing all that, no worries, our in-house marketing agency will handle it for you!
- STARTUP COSTS – Startup costs vary from business to business. It really depends on your budget and your audience. If you can afford to spend a little extra on marketing then you should do it, especially at first. Once you’ve received some positive exposure, then you can rely on word of mouth to bring in clients. Marketing, copywriting, web development, and more services are all included for free when you buy into Fit Body Boot Camp. We could easily nickel and dime our franchisees for these services, but we instead try to make opening a facility as easy as possible on you.
WHY START YOUR PERSONAL TRAINING/BOOT CAMP BUSINESS AS A FRANCHISE?
If fitness boot camps are so easy to run and so profitable, you may be wondering why you even need to open a Fit Body Boot Camp fitness franchise. Can’t you go and open your own boot camp brand and get mostly the same results?
The truth is, because boot camps are so popular and so easy to create, there’s now a huge glut of boot camps on the market. This means there’s more competition than ever, and that competition is especially fierce at the bottom, where thousands of one-location boot camps are fighting for recognition, usually by cutting their prices way too low and sacrificing quality service for unsafe crash diets and lose-fat-quick schemes.
That’s why the best way to open a fitness boot camp is to join the industry leader in fitness boot camps. Fit Body Boot Camp was created back when fitness boot camps were still a new concept and most of the fitness industry still saw them as a fad. Since then, we’ve optimized our fitness business model through launching over 700 locations around the globe and creating hundreds of thousands of weight loss transformations.
As you might imagine, we’ve had our bumps and scratches along the way, and now we’re happy to give you our straightforward business blueprint so you skip right to the part where you earn a lifestyle of freedom and help hundreds of people in your community get fit.
To help you with your decision, here’s a short list of some of the benefits of opening a fitness boot camp franchise instead of trying to do it all alone:
HELP WITH YOUR GRAND OPENING
You need to go big with your Grand Opening if you want to set your boot camp up for success. Too many small business owners waste their Grand Opening opportunity by not offering a sweet enough deal, not attracting enough press, or not holding a Grand Opening at all.
When you’re opening a new business, you have a chance to be in the spotlight and attract that critical cohort of early adopter clients who will help you quickly expand and reach profitability. Whenever a new business opens in town, people are naturally curious about it, especially if it’s a major brand like Fit Body Boot Camp that they recognize from the media.
At Fit Body Boot Camp, we give you the formula to host a hugely popular Grand Opening so you can attract a huge crowd of prospective clients. Then, we give you all the pre-written emails you need to get the word out, plus access to exclusive print materials that are custom-branded and tested for maximum conversions.
Then, we show you how to structure your charter membership prices to get the maximum number of early adopter clients, and we give you the scripts you need to ask them for the referrals and testimonials you’ll use to keep your business growing.
PRE-MADE, PROFESSIONAL MARKETING MATERIALS AND SYSTEMS
Marketing is the toughest thing to master for most small business owners. It’s also the lifeblood of your business and the number one thing you need to get right to make sure you don’t lose business to the competition. To have an effective marketing plan, you always need to have three “poles in the water” in the form of online marketing, offline marketing, and referrals. Most small businesses owners end up using only one of those three, and they rarely optimize it for the best results!
So to give you an idea of what your marketing should look like, let’s take a look at the marketing system for a typical Fit Body Boot Camp location. Keep in mind, if you join our fitness franchise opportunity, we will either install these systems for you automatically or give you detailed instructions on how to implement it, coupled with a live business coach to help you through any challenges you might have along the way.
FOR ONLINE MARKETING:
- Every quarter, the Fit Body Boot Camp Headquarters automatically launches a new seasonal Web Special that attracts highly qualified leads into your location by giving them an irresistible 21 day offer.
- We create your Facebook fan page for you and automatically post content to it throughout the week, then give you detailed instructions on what to post yourself to establish yourself as a fitness authority in your community.
- We give you a library of pre-made challenges you can run to bring in even more qualified leads, using our professionally written sales copy and finely tuned offers. We recommend you run at least one of these every month.
- We give you access to our exclusive Facebook Ad agency, complete with a Grand Opening credit, that operates on the principle of “we get paid for results.” Simply put: you send them a budget, they turn your dollars into leads, and if anything’s left over from the budget it goes straight back to you. It’s zero risk, all reward for you.
- By working with influencers throughout the fitness industry and on Instagram, we constantly raise your brand profile as a Fit Body Boot Camp owner so that your community knows you are the number one trusted authority on fat loss.
FOR OFFLINE MARKETING:
- We give you access to our exclusively branded, best performing, field tested direct mail pieces for you to send out. With more and more advertisers moving away from print marketing, that leaves more room for you to stand out in the mailbox with our professionally crafted offers!
- We give you the script and detailed instructions to run “Lunch and Learns” for local businesses so that you can scoop up new clients by the dozen. This is a critically underused strategy for most small business owners and a fantastic way to put yourself years ahead of the competition.
- We show you how to run open-invite “Grocery Store Tours” where you take members of your community on a healthy eating tour of their local grocery store, then give them an irresistible offer to come train with you. Again, this is an underused strategy that you can use to attract dozens of new clients at once.
- We show you how to host body composition testing booths at local events and small businesses, so you can quickly educate new leads on the importance of fat loss, working out, and living healthy.
- We give you the script to “reactivate” former clients who have stopped training with you for one reason or another. Many service-based business owners mistakenly believe that once a client leaves, they’re gone forever. Not true! With the right offer, a small business owner can reactivate up to 25% of old clients, which means 25 zero-cost leads for every 100 inactive clients on your mailing list.
- We show you how to turn your community mavens into “fitness ambassadors” who will send you highly qualified leads for free every month in exchange for free or steeply discounted training. Who are “community mavens”? They’re owners of local salons, hairdressers, and other small businesses who have access to your target demographic.
- We show you how to run referral contests to turn your happy clients into referral generating machines, complete with an exact script you can use to motivate them to get involved.
- We even give you scripts for your clients to use when they go to refer their friends and family! More information on our incredible franchise marketing systems
As a solo business owner, you have zero safety net. Whenever you face a new challenge in your business, it’s up to you to figure out what to do. With a powerful franchise like Fit Body Boot Camp, you’re never alone.
Our team of business coaches and our community of fellow owners will make sure you always get the answers you’re looking for as you grow your business. Our coaches will even act as your “scouts in the wild,” anticipating your future challenges and showing you how to solve them before they even come up.
HOW TO START A PERSONAL TRAINING BUSINESS WITH NO MONEY
One of the biggest myths in business is that it takes money to make money. That’s flat out untrue. Watch the video below where Bedros has got a few resourceful ways for you to jumpstart your personal training business without spending a single penny. Here’s how you can get started today.
For more information about how you can own a Fit Body Boot Camp, simply fill out and submit the Expression of Interest form right here on this page!
Another related post with valuable information How to Start a Fitness Business
What makes Fit Body Boot Camp’s fitness franchise different? Find out at Frequently Asked Questions